|Birthname||Maria de Carmo Miranda da Cunha|
|born on||9 February 1909 at 15:37 (= 3:37 PM )|
|Place||Marco de Canaveses, Portugal, 41n11, 8w09|
|Timezone||LST m9w08 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||20°18' 07°27 Asc. 00°43'|
Portuguese-American actress known as "the Brazilian Bombshell," flamboyant over-the-top but with an irresistible force of personality. Dynamic and temperamental, she enlivened Hollywood films of the '40s with her staccato singing and frantic dancing, flashing eyes and knowing glance. She added exotic spice with her extravagant costumes and towering headgear, a veritable salad-bar of tropical fruit.
Miranda came from a poor but good family who immigrated to Brazil. Educated in a convent before singing on local radio, she became popular as a recording star and Brazilian movie star; moving into America's Broadway in 1939. She made her MGM debut in "Down Argentine Way" in 1940.
Miranda died of a heart attack 8/05/1955 Los Angeles, CA. at age 46.
- compare to chart of Barroso, Ary (born 7 November 1903)
- Work : New Career 1939 (Hollywood, Broadway)
Filipe Ferreira quotes a photo of the B.C. published in a biography by Cassio Barsante, Lisboa:Eicoes Pandora, 1995 (3:00 PM Lisbon time, Obra-Nova, Aliviada, Marco de Canaveses, Portugal)
- Traits : Personality : Active (Dynamic)
- Traits : Personality : Emotional
- Family : Childhood : Disadvantaged (Poor childhood)
- Lifestyle : Home : Many moves (Portugal, Brazil and U.S.)
- Personal : Misc. : Changed name (Called the Brazilian Bombshell)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Broadway, legitimate theater)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Radio/ D.J./ Announcer (Sang on radio)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Dancer/ Teacher (Flaminco dancing)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women